As the Coronavirus dominates the news cycle, we wanted to put some basic information out that will just remind everyone of how best to prevent infections. Basically, the Illinois Department of Health recommends the same procedures for avoiding other illnesses such as the common cold or flu.
The IDPH recommends the following precautions in preventing any virus:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
While we obviously encourage students to attend school regularly, it is important for parents to remember that our policy has always been and will continue to be that if a student displays symptoms such as a fever or vomiting, they should not attend school or school functions for at least 24 hours after the symptoms have subsided.
The following are informational links for schools to use:
Illinois Department of Public Health