FY21 Remote Learning Plan
Remote Learning Plan
Communication: The District will communicate regularly to all staff via email, Schoolreach, school Website, and the School Facebook page. Principals will communicate to its staff via email, Schoolreach, and Zoom conference calls. The schools will communicate to the families via Schoolreach messages, Teacherease email, school webpage, and the school Facebook page. Teachers will communicate with their students via email, school website, Teacherease, Zoom/Google Hangouts, and group texts. (Staff will not directly communicate with students through personal email, text, or personal social media.)
Lunch/Breakfast: Lunch/Breakfast will continue to be made available in a grab and go format from 11:30 – 12:30 each weekday at each building. Packet drop off/pick up will be done at this same time.
Attendance: Attendance will be taken each day of the Phase Four Learning Plan. Families will be required to report student absences daily. Questions may be asked regarding illness symptoms. Unexcused absences will be recorded for students who are absent without a report. Most classes will use daily interactive lessons.
Daily Expectations for Students (based on ISBE Recommendations)
K - 4
Together these activities will not exceed
Students with 504/IEPs: Staff will reach out to each student to set up a phone/video conference. Accommodations will be agreed upon during the conference and verified with a letter that must be signed and returned to the building principal by the parents.
A-C Central will focus on keeping children emotionally and physically safe, fed and engaged in learning.
- Student work will both review of old material AND new content.
- We will provide opportunities that include a blend of real-timed, flexibly timed, digital and non-digital options that best fit our students and families and focus on essential standards
- We will focus on the whole child and social-emotional learning - making connections with kids.
- We will focus on the continuity of learning and creating learning environments that are inclusive of all learners.
- We will serve students with exceptionalities to the greatest extent possible by tailoring remote learning so that provides educational benefits to all.
At any time during this closure, please reach out with questions to you building principal:
Ashley Trueblood, Elementary Principal (217) 458-2224
Candi Shaver, MS-HS Principal: (217) 476-3312
Suggestions for Additional Family Activities
Reading, e.g., independent reading, listening to someone else read, audiobooks
- Puzzles, Word Searches
- Write a story or in a journal
- Count money
- Draw a map of your neighborhood
- Building with blocks or Legos
- Listen to a podcast
- Watch a documentary
- Take a walk
- Fine/gross motor activities
- Stretch or do yoga
- Play a sport
- Listen to music or sing
- Playing (inside or outside)
- Creative arts
- Coloring or drawing
- Imaginative play
- Do something you’ve been avoiding
- Clean up your room
- Do age appropriate chores
- Fix something broken
- Take care of pets or plants
- Cook or bake
- Write a letter to someone
- Play board games with a family member
- Tell jokes or riddles
- Build a fort and tell stories in it